Monday, June 8, 2009

My week in review

Ok so you know how when you have so much going on in your life (good and bad) that you don't even know where to begin so you just don't say or do anything?...ok well that's where I'm at and I call it "Blogging Blues". I mean this is the place where I'm supposed to tell you when my heart is broken or when I stubbed my toe or have been eating too much cheese to call myself a "vegan". But lately I haven't had anything to say or maybe I just didn't feel like saying it. It's like when you have told the same story 47 times and each time it takes you 20 minutes to get the facts right and actually tell it. And then someone comes along halfway through the story and needs you to start from the beginning and all you can do is sigh and go...ok.

High points:

-I saw Dane Cook last saturday at the Staples Center in L.A. and it was AMAZING!!!! I've been a long time fan and can basically quote Vicious Circle back to front without a twitch. I have pics of Your Yumminess and I'll post in a bit.

-Saturday my mom (who is the Chair for the Los Angeles Chapter for The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention) and I (um....I'm on the walk committee) went to the Army reserves to talk to them about what they do to deal with the suicide that unfortunately surrounds our troops here in the states and also over seas. The goal is to get their feedback to eventually help them in the long run. It was just awesome to be in the same room as these fucking brave ass men and women. I mean, the courage they I have is so beyond me all I can do is just sit there trying to keep my jaw shut.
*my sincerest thanks to all the men and women in our military. You guys rock and are our rock!*

-Last night I saw Andrea Bocelli in Concert at The Hollywood Bowl and it was just breath taking. I mean...it was so unbelievably beautiful that I had a headache afterwards from all the crying. Mr.Bocelli has always had a soft spot in my heart because of my dad. For those who don't know, I lost my dad to suicide 6 years ago and he was this awesomely smooth Italian guy. The kind that when he got mad his voice would actually get softer to intensify the situation and also to make you LISTEN lol. So basically he would always listen to Andrea Bocelli and obviously seeing him live brought out allllll kinds of emotions. Plus, I was sitting next to my mom and when "The Prayer" came on she grabbed my hand and that in itself was the trigger for the faucet. Instant tears. I mean, it was to the point that sounds were about to come out. I was huffing and puffing , lips quivering, the whole 9. It was a night I'll never forget and I'm so glad I got to go with the lovely ladies of my family <3

Low points:

-My brother's basically father-in-law was hospitalized last week and was on life support for a few days. He is battling extreme cancer and needs lots and lots of prayers. My brother's gf is one of my best friends and I hate to see this happening to them. I don't know too much but I know that I need to keep praying and if this could be the start of a prayer chain that would be awesome! You can never have too many prayers being thrown your way.

-My mom's bf's uncle was also hospitalized and on life support. He is in basically the same situation, battling cancer, however he is much older.

So please please please keep my family in your prayers. Thanks a bunch and I can't wait to catch up on my blogging and read all of your posts. Miss you guys <3

~Angelique

5 Comments:

Blogger heisschic said...

goodness.

you (and your family- and their families) have my prayers.

be strong! but dont be afraid to have a moment of weakness too... you're human. they'll understand.

June 9, 2009 at 2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have my prayers. i told my family about the condition of your beloved brother and your mom's bf's uncle, and they're all praying for you and for them.

keep your head up.

:)

June 17, 2009 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger RCaitlin said...

I'll be praying! Sounds like you have a lot going on good and bad!

June 30, 2009 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger heisschic said...

i miss your words--- yep.


i hope everything is going ok on the home front.

July 6, 2009 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger ♥ Marta ♥ said...

Stay strong...

July 10, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

what do ya say?..

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home